Tuesday, March 18, 2014

San Beda Exam Results

When I saw the UP LAE results, my confidence vanished into thin air. All I knew was that I wasn't good enough and I didn't like myself for that. Entering THE Malcolm Hall has always been my goal; I look at it everyday when I pass by (Malcolm Hall is adjacent to my college). That's why when it was released on the night of my birthday, it was inevitable for me to cry. I looked pathetic, haha.

A few days ago, I found out that I passed the San Beda entrance exam, and it made me inextricably happy! I was pleased with my exam results. Perhaps I was not good enough when I took the UP LAE, but I was good enough to pass a top law school so I'm satisfied. :D The person in the Law Guidance Office who gave me my exam results said that the Critical Thinking score is vital in law, so this inevitably made my day!


12 comments:

  1. Hi! :) I was looking for blogs and reviews regarding San Beda Law Entrance Exam. I found your name on the comment box of another blog. I will be taking the exam this coming May 2, the last day. Whew. I am a crammer. Tsk. For not being decided whether to go for Law sch or not. I just pursued this for my Papa. Whew. Now I only have less than a wk to prepare. I am badly seeking for tips regarding the coverage of the exam. Hay. I just want to pass this for my Papa. :( I am hoping for your response. I will owe you a lot for this. Thank you so much and congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Leslie!!I will be also taking the exam tomorrow (May 2)!!!I am not prepared but I'll do my best too!!

      Hey Mai!Thanks for this post!I was looking around the internet to find some Bedan Law experiences until I found your site!Thanks for this I now have an idea about the exam!Actually,I also took UPLAE last year and unfortunately I didn't pass.it came to the point where i almost gave up my law dream.ADMU was actually my first choice but to my dismay,I WAS TOO LATE TO TAKE ALREADY!!!!So I shifted my interest to SBC instead.I passed an exam in a law school in my city (GenSan).But i'm taking my chances here in Manila!

      Delete
    2. Hello, Danielle! I'm glad this helped in any way. Good luck to both of you, and God bless! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi! The San Beda entrance exam is an aptitude test so your mind must be clear and relaxed on the day of the exam. Enough sleep is a must-have. As the exam will test your ability (not knowledge per se) you must be in the best condition you can be in the remaining amount of time you have. I did not study for the exam, but I made sure that I was not stressed and that I had enough rest. Come the exam day, I was automatically answering the items, without headache and with ease. All thanks to having given myself time to rest the day before the exam.

    If you want to feel ready, you may review basic rules of grammar and basic algebra and geometry. Try not to cram the night before the exam. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I really hope that I also have that kind of mind set. I feel so relax while reading you message. Haha. But after I was like, "Ohmygahd! What should I do now? Can I also be relaxed???" Lol. I am really nervous that I can' calm. But I will now try to relax until the day before exam. But also I will keep on reviewing. Hehe. I am really too scared. :/

    SUPER THANK YOU FOR THIS, MAI! :) Again, congratulations! :) Hmm. I have a question. Where will you pursue Law? On Beda or Ateneo? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the English part of the exam, I highly recommend "Be Your Own Grammar Teacher" book. It's my grammar bible. Emphasized in the book are the common errors of Filipinos when using the English language.

      For the Math part, it will be helpful to review high school math lessons and/or the basic math taught in university.

      I enrolled in Ateneo, mainly because it offers a JD program and has afternoon classes. :D

      Delete
  4. P.S. May you share to me the question asked for the essay part? Just the question. THANKS A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my memory serves right, the topic for the essay was "As a Bedan student, what can you do to be fully Christian, fully human, and fully Filipino?"

      You're most welcome :)

      Delete
  5. These help a lot! I so appreciate your responses and your time for this. Thank you so much! :D Best luck and may God bless you all the way. :) Again, thank you so so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last question... lol. Regarding the "Be Your Own Grammar Teacher" book. When I searched for it, I saw this one - http://milfloresonline.blogspot.com/2007/12/be-your-own-english-teacher-grammar.html. Is that what you are saying? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, yeah it's that one xD

      Delete
    2. Aw. I thought it was not. Tensed sa Oops. Lol. Eh I already bought one just now. Haha. SUPER THANK YOU!!! :)

      Delete