Having interviewed a representative of a regulatory agency (for our Admin Law research), I felt a sense of accomplishment; I was happy for having been productive. But then that positive sentiment vanished at the sight of a numerical figure! My paper in one course was just returned a few minutes ago, I expected a higher grade! I did a pretty comprehensive paper, I dare say so. But Prof pointed out something essential that my paper lacks, and he was right. I was suddenly disheartened. Why did I forget such a thing?! My grade was mediocre, if not low, and I feel so inadequate because of it. Maybe I'm putting too much importance on my grades. Perhaps my pride cannot accept such mediocrity. The thing is I put much effort in writing that paper.
On the bright side, I will not forget that essential thing because of this. I will be better in writing. I should!
On another brighter side, I have already written down my emotions, and I now feel better than I did a few minutes ago. I am starting to motivate myself to do better. I have goals I must accomplish!
No comments:
Post a Comment